So, I've been really busy with the paint brushes, pencils and pens lately, and I'm pretty surprised at what I'm able to do after not concentrating on drawing AT ALL for many, many years. I'm delightfully surprised, actually. Here is my version of the Statue of Liberty. I got to working on this after reflecting on some words I posted on my Facebook page on the 4th of July, Independence Day. I basically said, "if you don't like what's going on in this country, get the fuck out". lol 
We are NOT the worst out there! And if we're so frickin' bad, why is everybody and their mama trying to come here???!  While America is not perfect, it's the best damn place in the world to be a free spirit who wants to live life on your own damn terms, especially if you're a woman.  It's also better than 50 other places I could name off the top of my head right this second...

The Statue of Liberty represents to me Freedom, Pursuit of Happiness, Expression, Independence and more. I am a DAMN proud American, and yeah, if you're one of the bitch asses here enjoying all the freedoms and yet complaining, go back to where your people came from! Mine are from here, as far back as I can trace it, and I'm proud of that. I know that on one hand, this looks like a school project. LOL! But ya know, I love it. I think it's pretty neat! And hey, it came from something that I really feel - pride in being an American. ;)




0 comments: